Federal Age Requirement for Purchasing Ammunition:
According to the ATF: “Under the Gun Control Act (GCA), shotguns and rifles, and ammunition for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 18 years of age or older. All firearms other than shotguns and rifles, and all ammunition other than ammunition for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 21 years of age or older. Licensees are bound by the minimum age requirements established by the GCA regardless of State or local law. However, if State law or local ordinances establish a higher minimum age for the purchase or disposition of firearms, the licensee must observe the higher age requirement.”
[18 U.S.C. 922(b)(1) and (b)(2); 27 CFR 478.99(b)]
For further information visit https://www.atf.gov
Federal Ammunition Excise Tax:
Chalk 1 Munitions, LLC, is a manufacturer of ammunition. Because we sell directly to the public, we are required by law to collect and remit the Federal Ammunition Excise Tax. For further information, please see: https://www.ttb.gov/firearms/manufacturers
Federal Age Requirement for Purchasing Firearms:
You must be 21 years of age to purchase a handgun or shotgun with a pistol grip. You must be at least 18 years of age to purchase a rifle or standard shotgun (without a pistol grip.)
Federal Requirement for Purchasing Firearms:
Federal firearms laws prevent the sale of a weapon from Chalk 1 Munitions, LLC directly to an individual in another state (we are located in Idaho). We must ship your firearm directly to an FFL Dealer near you. The steps to follow are:
- Order your firearm online using our secure shopping cart. If you know the dealer you are going to use at time of order placement (not a requirement) enter his name into the ‘Ship To’ field.
- Find a dealer near you that will accept the transfer of the firearm for you. Most sporting goods stores and pawn shops will provide this service for a small fee. Also, gun clubs, shooting ranges, etc. may provide this service to you. If you know the dealer you are going to use at time of order placement (not a requirement) enter his name into the ‘Ship To’ field. Most dealers charge around $25 for a transfer. You must confirm the transfer with your local dealer in advance.
- Next, have the dealer get us a copy of his signed license if we don’t already have it on file. Please Note: It is now legal for us to accept a e-mailed copy of your dealers license!
- Make sure the dealer knows the firearm is coming from us.
- We will send you an email when the firearm ships, which will include a tracking number.
- All firearm purchases are final once the firearm is picked up from your dealer.
We are not currently accepting orders for firearms or ammunition to the state of California. Optics and Accessories can be shipped to California.
To avoid serious injury; (1) use only ammunition in good condition, use only in modern firearms in good condition marked and chambered for use of this cartridge; (2) always be sure barrel is free of any obstructions, the barrel should be checked in case of light recoil, or an unusually loud or weak sound heard during firing; (3) wear eye and ear protection; (4) if a failure to fire occurs: keep muzzle pointed in a safe direction at all times, avoid exposure to breach while attempting to unload, discharge may occur if primer is struck, handle with caution, do not drop. If unloading is unsuccessful or not possible, attempt to put the weapon on safe and contact a qualified professional gunsmith; (5) to prevent ricochet: do not shoot at hard surfaces or water; (6) store in cool, dry place; (7) we disclaim all liability that may result from reloading of any component; (8) never use or handle firearms or ammunition while under the influence of drugs or alcohol; (9) to prevent bullet instability: only shoot in firearms with the appropriate muzzle twist rate, a misaligned or undersized suppressor may cause baffle / bullet contact; (10) as we have no control over your suppressor / weapon system, we disclaim any and all liability: from the use of this ammunition in suppressed firearms. Failure to obey this safety warning could result in serious injury or death. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Discharging firearms in poorly ventilated areas, cleaning firearms, or handling ammunition may result in exposure to lead, a harmful substance known to cause cancer, birth defects, reproductive harm and other illness or injury. Use only with proper ventilation. Wash hands thoroughly after exposure.